Smart Women Agree – Your Number Doesn’t Matter

Smart Women Agree   Your Number Doesnt Matter just a story  Yeah, yeah, yeah – you are so sick of me on this topic already. I know. I’m sick of me on this topic already. What the hell am I talking about? Magic numbers. You know, the number of men you’ve slept with.

I’ve written about this several times. Most recently here. And as my regular readers might imagine, I think it’s a silly topic for grown ups.

BUT, I was completely drawn in to a conversation last week with a smartie pants reporter from the NYPost, Sheila McClear who wanted real women’s opinions about the new Anna Faris movie, “What’s Your Number?” In the movie, a 29 yr-old NYer realizes she’s slept with 20 guys and freaks out, deciding that she can’t go over that number or she’d be a . So therefore she goes back through all her past lovers determined to recycle one of them.

So positive.

I’d never heard of the movie until Sheila mentioned it to me, and I was horrified. Well, not horrified. Sounded like typical Hollywood crap to me.

Anyway, Sheila and I had a nice chat and she was kind enough to quote me in her awesome article about the movie (amongst some other super-smart women). Check it out – Wrong Number: NY Women don’t worry about their sex lives going too far too fast.

Tags: ,

13 to “Smart Women Agree – Your Number Doesn’t Matter”

1. Ronnie Libra says:

Personally I think it’s hot if a woman has slept with a lot of guys. It’s a little dirty, which is sexy to me.

Of course the more practice she has the wilder she may be with me…
    Ronnie Libra recently posted..Drunken Vibe DestroyerMy Profile

2. Liz says:

This post is very timely as I saw a commercial for the movie last night and started wondering if “20” was supposed to be a high number. Then I thought back on my “number” and realized it’s probably nineteen or twenty by now… higher than I thought because I haven’t added it up in years and years. A reasonable number, I think, for a woman over 40 who has never been married. If anything, I feel like I haven’t had near enough sex in my life, and it’s one of my regrets. Having had very few long-term relaitonships, my sex life has been way too sporadic for my taste.

3. Ted says:

Cool story, bro. You always sound like such an old lady. I love it. You’re like the Jessica Fletcher of dating blogs.

4. Kalinka says:

am 43. number is 53+ And STILL there are a few in my past I wish i had slept with. Was a virgin til 21 so I wanted to make up for lost time. Don’t care who thinks what about it.

5. LadyD says:

If anyone asks my number, I just say “Enough to know what I’m doing!”
    ;-)

6. jackie says:

I can count the number of people I’ve slept with on one hand… using a calculator with the other. Honestly, if you’re honest and safe, who cares?!

JFB
    jackie recently posted..The Most Racist Thing That (n)Ever Happened*My Profile

7. Dazediva says:

I thought I commented on this post (since it had inspired me to write my own thoughts on the subject)

Numbers don’t matter as long as you are safe & protected. Some people start late in life; others start early; some just love sex; whilst others can only have sex when in a relationship .. if they are happy doing what they are doing; who are we to judge right ?
    Dazediva recently posted..Can I Get Your Number Baby ?My Profile